Are you an experienced, commercially aware, super-talented Architectural Technologist with a love of interiors? Are you a creative problem solver that would love to work on delivering beautiful hospitality, upscale residential and innovative workplace projects from start to finish?
At OCCA you’ll work alongside our international clients as well as the design & procurement teams, taking a key role on projects around the world, from creative concepts to delivering on site. Managing both internal and external resources to meet deadlines and budgets, you will ensure that every project is completed to the highest OCCA standards with originality and innovation.
We are an award winning architectural and interior design studio specialising in beautiful hotels, luxury homes and innovative workplace design and we are on a mission to deliver distinctive interior design solutions for our clients, that in turn deliver exceptional outcomes for their guests, families & teams.
We are curious, innovative and passionate interior designers, working across internal architecture, interior design, lighting & furniture design along with the decorative arts.
We’ve developed a reputation for expertise, style and attention to detail working on projects throughout the UK, Europe, the UAE and South East Asia.
As a skilled Designer & Technologist you will work on a mix of architectural interiors projects within the Hospitality, Residential and Workplace sectors. Working as a key member of a wider design team, you will be responsible for delivering drawing packages and schedules covering all aspects of the project. Your work will include design development, technical design, detailing and scheduling.
Using your high level of creativity, coordination and excellent organisational skills, you will work on our cloud base project management & scheduling systems to prioritise actions as required and manage regular tasks to ensure the successful delivery of professional interior design projects.
You are full of initiative, an experienced and capable self-starter who knows how to determine what’s required and get the job done.
Main Studio Tasks & Responsibilities
- research and analysis of the client’s goals and aspirations; development of documents, drawings and diagrams that outline those requirements.
- undertake internal site surveys and co-ordinate additional land / building / external surveys as required
- work collaboratively with the wider design team to produce creative solutions for our clients’ projects
- co-ordinate with project architects and the client’s design team to agree and implement CAD standards and processes for project delivery
- complete feasibility & risk assessment studies
- create drawing packages and two and three dimensional design studies and sketches that interpret our client’s requirements, implementing the principles of architectural interiors and theories of human behaviour and ergonomics, along with interior design and the decorative arts.
- ensure that the interior architecture & design concepts are innovative, creative, safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and meet all public health & safety requirements, including statutory regulations, wellbeing, accessibility, environmental, and sustainability guidelines.
- investigate international drawing standards and building regulations for project compliance as required
- design & detail interior building elements such as ceiling, floors, stairs, partition, windows, doors etc and shop-fit and case-good elements such as bars, fixed seating, hotel bedroom case goods etc
- prepare drawing packages for Building Warrant / Regs, licensing, change of use and other regulatory submissions
- produce 3D models and volumetric studies in Revit and Sketch Up
- working with the FF&E Designers, schedule FF&E & OS&E including sanitaryware, brassware, luminaire and finishes schedules to facilitate the successful costing, procurement and implementation of the building interior.
- complete site inspections, snagging and defects reporting
Key Knowledge & Skills
We’re looking for a Technologist with great organisational and management skills when it comes to running projects in house. You’ll have the mathematical skills to make technical and financial calculations and a scientific understanding of building technologies. Attention to detail and a good eye for design are essential along with:
- a recognised diploma or degree in Architectural Technology, Interior Architecture, Architecture or similar
- a minimum of 3 years post graduate, commercial interior design or hospitality design experience
- a creative, passionate & innovative outlook
- a positive, problem solving approach to challenges
- excellent IT skills including advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit & Sketch Up
- strong commercial & budgeting skills
- fluent in MS Office packages, specifically Excel
- excellent knowledge of UK Building Regulations
- experience in architectural / internal detailing and furniture detailing e.g. shop-fit & case-good designs
- excellent communication skills and confidence working with clients and contractors