Are you an experienced, commercially aware, super-talented senior interior designer and creative problem solver? Would you love to work on delivering beautiful hospitality, upscale residential and innovative workplace projects from start to finish?
OCCA is currently recruiting an exceptional Lead | Senior designer whose principal role will be to deliver outstanding creativity and beautiful projects for our hospitality, branding & marketing projects. You’ll have a senior role in our expanding Design team working with global hotel groups and our client base across select service and 5-star hotel properties, luxury vacation clubs and private developers.
As a Lead | Senior Interior Designer at Occa you’ll work alongside our clients as well as the design & procurement teams, taking a lead role on projects, from creative concepts to delivering on site. Managing both internal and external resources to meet deadlines and budgets, you will ensure that every project is completed to the highest OCCA standards with originality and innovation.
- Lead hospitality projects for global hotel groups, throughout the UK and further afield
- Drive creative and innovative design solutions and responses to our client’s briefs
- Research and analyse client’s goals and aspirations; develop documents, drawings and diagrams that outline those requirements.
- Understand clients’ needs and the needs of the people using the building to develop design concepts and establish final briefs
- Represent OCCA at project meetings, including overseas visits, and hold client meetings with or without a Director present
- Formulate preliminary space plans and two and three dimensional design concept studies and sketches that integrate the client’s requirements with the principles of architectural interiors and theories of human behaviour as well as interior design and the decorative arts.
- Confirm that preliminary space plans and design concepts are innovative, creative, safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and meet all public health, safety requirements, including statutory regulations, wellbeing, accessibility, environmental, and sustainability guidelines.
- Design & detail of shopfit and casegood elements
- Design, detail and specification of FF&E to facilitate the successful design of the building interior including detailed product description and provision of contract documentation to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation of the project.
- Selection of products, materials and finishes to appropriately convey the design concept and to meet socio-psychological, functional, maintenance, lifecycle performance, environmental, and safety requirements.
- Design, detail, select and specify soft furnishings, fixtures, equipment,
- Provide ID project management services, including preparation of project budgets and schedules.
- Oversee both the creative & technical output of the studio on client projects.
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced with the optimum skill set for the project and delivered on time and within the agreed brief & fee
Hospitality design experience with branded hotel groups is essential for this role along with:
- a recognised diploma or BA in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- a minimum of 8 years post graduate commercial or hospitality interior design experience
- an excellent portfolio or body of work that showcases your skills, knowledge and experience
- broad range of skills across initial concepts to fine detail and technical design
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop and MS Office packages
- experienced in shop-fit & case-good design
- expansive knowledge of materials & finishes across the FF&E supply chain
- budgeting skills and experience
Friday 2nd April 2021