Are you an experienced, commercially aware, super-talented interior designer and creative problem solver? Would you love to work on delivering beautiful hospitality, upscale residential and innovative workplace projects from start to finish?
As a Senior Interior Designer at Occa you’ll work alongside our clients as well as the design & procurement teams, taking a lead role on projects, from creative concepts to delivering on site. Managing both internal and external resources to meet deadlines and budgets, you will ensure that every project is completed to the highest Occa standards with originality and innovation.
We are an award winning architectural and interior design studio specialising in beautiful hotels, luxury homes and innovative workplace design and we are on a mission to deliver distinctive interior design solutions for our clients, that in turn deliver exceptional outcomes for their guests, families & teams.
We are curious, innovative and passionate interior designers, working across internal architecture, interior design, furniture design and the decorative arts and have developed a reputation for expertise, style and attention to detail working on projects throughout the UK, Europe, the UAE and South East Asia.
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and aspirations; development of documents, drawings and diagrams that outline those requirements.
- Understand clients’ needs and the needs of the people using the building to develop design concepts and establish final briefs
- represent Occa Design at project meetings, including overseas visits, and hold client meetings with or without a Director present
- Have excellent communication skills and to eloquently convey ideas with sketches and drawings etc
- Formulate preliminary space plans and two and three dimensional design concept studies and sketches that integrate the client’s requirements with the principles of architectural interiors and theories of human behaviour as well as interior design and the decorative arts.
- Confirm that preliminary space plans and design concepts are innovative, creative, safe, functional, aesthetically appropriate, and meet all public health, safety requirements, including statutory regulations, wellbeing, accessibility, environmental, and sustainability guidelines.
- Design & detail of shopfit and casegood elements
- Design, detail and specification of FF&E to facilitate the successful design of the building interior including detailed product description and provision of contract documentation to facilitate pricing, procurement and installation of the project.
- Selection of products, materials and finishes to appropriately convey the design concept and to meet socio-psychological, functional, maintenance, lifecycle performance, environmental, and safety requirements.
- Design, detail, select and specify soft furnishings, fixtures, equipment,
- Provide limited project management services, including preparation of project budgets and schedules.
- Supervise & develop the Occa Design team and their activities, while overseeing both the creative & technical output of the studio on client projects.
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced with the optimum skill set for the project and delivered on time and within the agreed brief & fee
General industry expertise and previous hospitality experience with branded hotel groups are essential for this role along with:
- a recognised diploma or BA in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- a minimum of 8 years post graduate commercial interior design experience
- a broad range of skills across initial concepts to fine detail and technical design
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and MS Office packages
- experienced in shop-fit & case-good design
- expansive knowledge of materials & finishes across the FF&E supply chain
- budgeting skills and experience
Abilities & Skills
- full of initiative – a creative, passionate & innovative designer
- excellent communicator with strong client/contractor relationship skills
- excellent presentation skills
- confident representing Occa Design at project & client meetings
- a leader with the skills required to mentor the team and manage projects