OCCA is an award winning, architectural and interior design studio specialising in hospitality design for international hotel & leisure groups, independent hoteliers and restaurateurs while also working on luxury residential projects and workplace interiors.
Originally established in 2003, we work on new build projects, refurbishments and branding prototypes for some of the world’s largest hotel brands as well as unique and individual properties.
The Company also operates an FF&E Procurement division, specialising in the procurement, logistics and installation of FF&E and OS&M on hospitality, residential and workplace projects.
Curiosity, creativity and continual personal development…
At OCCA we empower our team to be collaborative, creative, curious and continually learning. We encourage a spirit of entrepreneurialism and innovation in the studio and are passionate about creating an environment that provides opportunities for personal growth & development.
We have four key values that we live and work by at OCCA:
- Dare to Disrupt – Make a difference and challenge the status quo every day. This is not disruption for the sake of disruption, this is positive disruption that powers us to continually grow and evolve in our industry.
- We not I – We are Team OCCA. We are collaborating partners. We work together with each other, our clients, our suppliers and our wider design teams – because we know that together we can achieve so much more.
- Do the right thing – Our integrity is integral to our business. It is something that we won’t compromise. Difficult choices often have an easy or a hard answer. We pick the right one.
- Challenge Accepted – We are a dynamic team of positive, proactive problem solvers. No challenge is too big. For us it’s always yes first and how second. Grab the opportunity to exceed expectations.
We are currently looking for a skilled Architectural Designer |Technologist with a minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience to join our team, working on projects across a mix of select service and luxury properties within our key sectors of hospitality, luxury residential and workplace.
You do not see problems – you see challenges that simply need solutions. You are upbeat, positive and you have a particular focus on contributing and working collaboratively within the Design team while taking ownership of your specific deliverables and the project outcome.
You’re looking to advance your career by moving to a dynamic design firm to work on an amazing range of projects, for amazing clients in amazing locations around the world. You’re ambitious and looking for new experiences and challenges to keep you inspired & creative. You love the idea of working with a growing, multidisciplinary business where you can make a difference.
Your day-to-day tasks are varied and consist of:
- Research and analysis of the client’s brief; development of documents including technical drawings, Sketch-Up models and specifications that outline the requirement of the brief.
- Work collaboratively with the wider design team to produce creative solutions for our clients.
- Work closely with lead interior designer and other members of the technical team to produce fully coordinated tender & construction stage drawing packs to facilitate the successful design of the building interior.
- Produce scope of works / specification documentation to accompany tender and construction drawing packs.
- Review of design proposals to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations.
- Take ownership of drawing packs & monitor progress of junior members of the technical team.
- Review of drawing packs to ensure accuracy and coordination is maintained throughout all stages of the project.
- Continual development of existing inhouse CAD standards to maximise efficiency of production information.
Key Knowledge | Abilities | Skills
- A recognised diploma or BA in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture.
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate commercial interior design or architectural experience.
- Self-motivated, pro-active with a keen eye for detail & accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and also deliver as an individual.
- Strong IT skills including AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop, InDesign and MS Office.
- A broad range of skills across initial concepts to fine detail and technical design.
- Experience in production & coordination of tender & construction drawing packs.
- Strong understanding of Scottish & English building regulations.
- Hotel & hospitality design experience preferred.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills.
Friday 28th April