We are currently recruiting a Lead | Senior Designer to deliver our projects across a mix of select service and luxury properties within our key sectors of hospitality, luxury residential and workplace.
Working closely with the Principal and Lead Design Associate, our new teammate will be a talented designer and project leader, full of ambition and initiative, with excellent client-facing, communication, design, and project management skills.
You are a creative, passionate & professional designer qualified by education, experience, and curiosity, to create outstanding interiors for our clients. Working in close collaboration with the interdisciplinary design teams internally & externally, you know how to build great working relationships to help you create outstanding interior spaces.
Similarly, you know how to manage, supervise & develop our own interior design teams and their activities, while overseeing both the creative & technical output of the studio on client projects.
You embrace the spirit of our core OCCA values.
You do not see problems – you see challenges that simply need solutions. You are upbeat and positive and you have a particular focus on the delivery of excellent projects, taking ownership of the team, the deliverables and the outcome.
You’re looking to advance your career by moving to a dynamic design firm to work on an amazing range of projects, for amazing clients in amazing locations around the world. You’re ambitious and looking for new experiences and challenges to keep you inspired & creative. You love the idea of working with a growing, multidisciplinary business where you can make a difference.
Your day-to-day tasks are varied and consist of:
- Creating innovative presentations and pitching for projects
- Meeting & liaising directly with clients and design teams on site
- Ensuring a clear & consistent client brief and creative direction is followed
- Leading the team and coordinating design projects from conception to completion
- Managing concurrent projects to exceed client expectations
- Working up space plans and volumetric design concept studies and sketches
- Ensuring that design concepts are innovative, creative, safe and meet all statutory regulations, including wellbeing, accessibility, environmental, and sustainability guidelines.
- Designing & detailing custom shopfit and casegood elements with the team
- Selecting and customising products, materials, and finishes that meet the requirements of the project.
- Sourcing, specifying, and customising FF&E including detailed scheduling and creating contract documentation to facilitate pricing, procurement, and installation of the project.
- Delivering full drawing & design packs for construction and procurement
- Team development & training
- Job costing analysis
- Design process development & refining
- a recognised diploma or BA in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- 8 years post-grad commercial interior design experience, with at least 3 leading projects
- strong IT skills, including AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, and MS Office,
- expansive knowledge of materials & finishes across the FF&E supply chain
- experienced in shop-fit & case-good design
- excellent presentation, communication and relationship-building skills
- experience of the operation of hotels & hospitality design
- proven construction & technical knowledge
- commercial understanding with budgeting skills
- ability to work independently and as a team leader
Friday 10th December 2021