Why does this policy exist?
We, Occa Design Studio Ltd, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions, and any other policies referred to herein or therein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
What does this Policy tell me about?
- Occa Design Studio Ltd
- Your Rights in regard to personal data
- What personal data we process
- How we use your data and the legal basis for this use
- When we share your personal data
- How long we store your data for
- Where we store your personal data
- Data Security
- Links to third-party websites
- Additional privacy protection for children using the internet
- Governing Law
1. Occa Design Studio Ltd
1.1 This website is run by Occa Design Studio Ltd (“Us/We/Our”).
1.2 Our registered company number is SC551433 and our registered office is at 120 Baltic Chambers, 50 wellington Street, Glasgow, G2 6HJ. We are VAT registered, with number 259 1802 90
1.3 We, Occa Design Studio Ltd, are the owner and operator of this website and, for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended), we are the data controller, maintaining a data controller registration with the Information Commissioner.
2. Your rights in regard to your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any email communication, manging this in your online account or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to amend it.
You also have the right to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is processed.
To get in touch with us please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What personal data we process
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our services and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we may process includes:
- your name;
- your username and password;
- your shipping/billing address, email address and/or phone number;
- your bank details, including account number and sort code;
- the outcome of applications for financing;
- recordings of calls with our customer service team;
- history of live chat sessions with our customer service team;
- information related to the internet browser and device you use to access our services;
- the pages visited and individual interactions with our services;
- and/or any other information you provide
4. How we use this data and the legal basis for this use
We process the personal data above for the following purposes:
- to fulfil any order or contract, for example, if you make a purchase from us or enter into an agreement to receive services. This may include verifying your identity, taking payments, communicating with you, providing customer services and arranging the delivery or other provision of products or services. We require this information in order to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without it;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- with your consent to respond to any requests in relation to your data and per your legal rights and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any requests received from you or from others, about our website or services;
- we may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our websites and online services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- in circumstances where you contact us by live chat, transcripts will be stored for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- in circumstances where you contact us by email, transcripts will be stored for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- in circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interests; and
- to market to you using third-party dynamic retargeting;
- we may use your data to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
We may also market to you in relation to relevant products and services, this will only be sent where you have consented to receive it, you have been given an opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following the instructions in the relevant communication.
5. When we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver products or services where elements of these are provided by group companies other than those with which you have directly contracted.
We may also share your personal data with the below third parties:
- our professional advisors, external legal advisors and financial advisors;
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with this Privacy Notice;
- market research companies;
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors; and/or
- search engine and web analytics.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of Occa Design Studio Ltd for the purposes above. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website hosting, security, finance applications, logistics partners and payment providers.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
6. How long we store your data for
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is strictly necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse pursuant to our terms and conditions.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require Occa Design Studio Ltd to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
7. Where we store your personal data
Primarily we store all of our data within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) however the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place.
8. Data Security
09. Additional privacy protection for children using the internet
We do not solicit or target persons younger than legal age for collection of information online. Our Site does not permit children under the age of 18 to become users and we do not accept any information from children. By submitting information to us you represent that you are over the age of 18. We encourage minors to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. We encourage parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children. We support the development of technologies that help parents to control the collection and use of personal information from children who use online services in their households.
10. Governing Law