Team Occa is currently hiring a self-motivated, talented & commercially experienced senior interior designer / interior architect to deliver striking interior design projects for well-known global hotel groups and private clients.
Occa Design Studio is an innovative, full-service architectural-interior design studio specialising in hotel, private residential, and workplace interiors, delivering interior architecture & design solutions for clients throughout the UK, Europe, and the UAE.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled interior designer/interior architect with +8 years of commercial interior design experience to join a dynamic and ambitious team.
As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for producing high-quality designs, working from initial concepts and presentations through to specifications, technical drawings, FF&E packs and construction documents.
You will organise the design team; work with suppliers; travel to site and liaise directly with clients & contractors, managing every step of the design process to deliver successful projects on time and on budget.
Team Occa works regularly with global hotels groups and their franchisees on large-scale branded projects, along with private developers on smaller boutique properties. We also enjoy working on select, high end private residential projects and contemporary workplace jobs.
You’re a dynamic and enthusiastic designer who knows the industry well, you regularly follow developments and trends in hotels, residential & workplace interiors and are passionate about your work.
You are innovative & commercially aware and will consistently bring fresh thinking and inspirational design ideas to our projects.
You are a wonderful team player and aren’t phased by tight deadlines. You blend design and commerce effortlessly and have seriously strong planning & organisational skills – excelling under pressure and making things happen.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Key Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
- a recognised diploma or BA in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
- a minimum of 8 years post graduate commercial interior design experience
- full of initiative – a creative, passionate & innovative designer
- a broad range of skills across initial concepts to fine detail and technical design
- strong IT skills including AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and MS Office
- expansive knowledge of materials & finishes across the FF&E supply chain
- experienced in shop-fit & case-good design
- excellent presentation skills
- excellent communicator with strong client/contractor relationship skills
- confident representing Occa Design at project & client meetings
- a leader with the skills required to mentor junior team members and manage projects
- proven project planning, team management, and motivation skills
- effective at planning & monitoring teamwork and providing feedback
- knowledgeable and experienced in the operation of hotels & hospitality design
- strong construction knowledge
- confident and experienced working with contractors and delivering technical details
- commercial understanding with budgeting skills and experience
If this sounds like you and you want to find out more about the role, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and we’ll get in touch.